Monday, December 19, 2011

Denver Christkindl Market 2011

Being German and growing up German these markets fascinate me.  Several years ago we went to one in Chicago on a cold, snowy night.  It was wonderful, so I was looking forward to visiting this one in Denver. 
So OK we went on a Wed. afternoon.  It was cold and there was snow on the ground. Colorado Springs has a large German community and I was disappointed the market was alot smaller than what I expected with a limited variety of things.  I suppose it is larger and busier in the evening and weekends!!

There were a total of maybe 10 of these little buildings selling everything from authentic German ornaments, beer steins and linens to some food & drink, Polish pottery and South American wool clothing and trinkets.   
The market is located in Skyline Park along the 16th Street Mall across from the Daniels & Fisher Clock Tower.   

No comments: