Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Kite Store, Door County, Wisconsin

When I was in Door County so many years ago, we stopped in this quaint - chock full of kites - store.  I just had to take my husband to see it when we were there again in Oct. 2011.

As you pull into the parking lot the yard is full of wind socks and moving lawn ornaments.  I wanted to start choosing right away :)
Oh my, and then you walk in and the walls are covered as is the ceiling like in the 1st photo.  The floor space is full of bins and containers with all sorts of kites, banners, flags and related items.  The guy with the big eyes is the one we bought for our grandson.  

The Fish Creek Kite Company is located on the eastern side of Door County, on Rt. 42 right alongside Lake Michigan. 

If you are ever are lucky enough to tour Door County, be sure and stop and visit this cute store.  It is just one of those places that make you smile everyplace you look.    


5 comments:

papel1 said...

Thanks for advertising on my blog. You take great photographs. I have never been to Wisconsin but did see a Kite store in Carmel.

Rose Clearfield said...

That is an adorable store! So many beautiful colors.

Mhar's Display said...

I love kites! When I was a child, my cousins and I fly kites in the summer. We enjoyed the colorful and different sizes of kites soaring up high.

Marms

Jen said...

Oh I love the kites! Haven't seen any for a long, long time. Looks like a fun place to visit :o)

Brenda said...

I love the wooden lawn ornaments that spin. Those are hard to find anymore.