Friday, March 15, 2013

Why I Blog - Updated!


Gene, Danna and Jimmy
In Oct. 2008 I Gene and I had the privilege to drive Danna and Jimmy Crawford (powersellingmom.com) from an eBay gathering in Hays, KS to Denver.  

In the 4 hours we were in the car Danna asked me if I blogged.  I gulped and said no,  not really - thinking what would I write about and who wants to read about me, or my stuff or my life?

Boy was I wrong.  

A blog can be many things and for me it is to promote our eBay listings by using keywords to get folks to the blog and then hopefully they will be curious enough to click on our logo that will take them to our listings. 
 
Picking a subject that is keyword rich is the secret I use to be visible on the 1st page of a Google, Yahoo or Bing search. 

A restaurant that was on the Food Network - Diners, Drive-In and Dives that we ate at in Chicago
One easy way to get started is to do reviews of businesses in a community or city that will bring locals to the blog looking for a review of that business. 

For every 4 non business blog posts I do one about our eBay business or about things I have listed. Lately I have been bad about following my own advice and really need to get back on track!! 



Another blog we did that was very popular especially in Sept when folks are thinking about Halloween costumes was about the Colorado State Fair in Pueblo CO. Every few days Wendy and Frosty would walk around the fairgrounds and I took their photo.

Please email me at HerbsCraftsGifts@aol.com with a link to your blog so I can become a follower.   

Try it - blogging can be alot of fun and you can meet alot of new, interesting people along the journey.

No comments: