- If it is a Christmas / holiday item it should be listed.
- Auctions should be listed with Buy it Now. Buyers may not want to wait for an auction to end and are willing to pay a little more for their treasure.
- Have all your shipping supplies on hand. Nothing worse than a last minute order and you have to search for mailing supplies like a box or priority envelope.
- Expect buyers to be anxious for delivery. Ship quickly and offer 2 ways to ship with one of them being an expedited service (priority or priority express).
- Some sellers shut down around 12/15 until the beginning of the New Year. It is important to remember that many people are off work, out of school, on vacation, may be stuck inside because of weather, etc. and have time on their hands to browse and hopefully buy. Many may scale back on their business activity but are readily available to answer questions and to ship sold items.
- Sales slow drastically after the 15th so that is a perfect time for sellers to get ready for the 1st quarter onslaught of sales.
- January has always been a very good month for sales. Folks may not have gotten what they wanted or they have money or gift cards to spend. It is the time they buy for themselves and fulfill their collections, jewelry, media or clothing.
- And finally enjoy the ride. This is the season sellers work towards all year. Learn from it and plan accordingly for the next holiday selling season.
- And please visit our eBay store. Thanks
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Thursday, November 21, 2013
I have always liked eating Brussel Sprouts but never thought about how they grow. While we were living in New York we would go to the farm stands on the eastern end of Long Island. One day there was the Brussel Sprouts on the stalk. Wow - Who knew!!
Last week we saw this at our local Safeway. What a pleasant surprise.
So I just break them off and use a few at a time.
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
I am a self taught cook and have perfected our turkey. My Irish grandmother always used Salt Pork on the bird .
|When the salt pork looks like it is pretty well cooked, I remove it and set aside.|
|It will look like a naked jay bird - hee hee. Baste again and now the skin will start browning. Continue cooking and basting alittle more ofter. If the skin looks like it is getting too dark, I make a loose tent with aluminum foil.|
|Take it out of the oven and set aside to rest.|