Thursday, September 16, 2010

World's Largest Carved Watermelon Centerpiece Sept. 2010


 Chef Daniel Bartlett conceived the idea of creating a 16 foot high, carved watermelon centerpiece.  Several chefs carved 500 watermelons for many days, the last batch being done at the fair.  They are submitting documentation to be considered for a world record!!
 
We were lucky,  it was almost next to our Personalized Rice Necklace booth, so I kept dashing over there to check out their progress.  

The pictures speak for themselves!!



The frame was back-filled with watermelons and the spaces filled in with ruffled Kale. 


An eggplant with a summer squash. 

They constructed it on a Friday and had to take it down on Sunday.  I was sad to see it go.  Every time I looked at it, I saw something more amazing. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this, Louise~!! It's almost like a giant Christmas tree made of watermelon carvings~!!
AWESOME~!!
x0x
Anita Nelson @ModelSupplies